This is an archive of notes and reviews from courses I've taken or readings I've completed recently. Most of the topics I'll be posting about revolve around
- Optimization theory -- I'll post notes on standard topics -- e.g., linear, discrete, stochastic, etc.
- Harmonic Analysis, Topology, and Group theory
- Nonparametric statistics
- Algebraic Geometry
Combinatorial Convexity and Algebraic Geometry by Günter Ewald. Link here.
- This is currently an in-progress book for me (started Oct.23). I was motivated to read it after reviewing papers by Greg Blekherman.
Thus far, it has been great. I will hope to post notes, split by theme, below.
Discrete Convex Analysis by Kazuo Murota. Link here.
- This is currently an in-progress book for me (started Oct.23). I highly recommend it to anyone interested in nonlinear discrete optimization.
A Course in Convexity by Alexander Barvinok. Link here. Rating: 9/10.
- This is a book I started in early November, having been suggested to read it by Dr. Nemirovski (Nov.23). If you want an extremely precise, coherently written, and broad overview of topics in convexity, this is the book for you.
- Notes here
Optimization through Art (OptArt) by Robert Bosch. Link here.
- This is an in-progress book for me (started Sept.23). Currently, it has been great and due to the simplicity of the models (they're all linear programs), coding the exercises has been a breeze. I will hope to post codes on my github, with links attached, below.
- Julia codes for the Truchet Tiling problem here.
- Julia codes for the "Linear Assignment and Mosaics" problem here.
ISyE 7405 Multivariate Statistics course taught by Shihao Yang.
- This course was taken during Fall 2023 semester. I will hope to post coursenotes, alongside assignments, below. This was an extremely well-structured course, and I really enjoyed learning the material.